26 May 2011, Comments (6)

Chocolate Covered Katie’s “Hug a Vegan Dessert” Post!

Author: Healthnuttxo

One of my favorite blogs, Chocolate Covered Katie, had an awesome “Feature” post to “Hug a Vegan Dessert”. I thought a GREAT idea would be to do it on one of HER very own recipes, the “Snickerdoodle Blondies“!

I’m a HUGE fan of Snickerdoodle cookies, so the title itself enticed me to bake them!

I finally went to the store to buy one of the essential ingredients- chick peas. But instead of using chickpeas, I bought white beans. Also, instead of using flaxseed that was called for, I used 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour.

At first, I tasted the batter, and well, it tasted like beans. Although I could certainly taste the delicious cinnamon flavor, it was rather dominatly bean flavored. I was skeptical, but knew I should trust Katie!

After baking them in the oven, they were pretty good! The sweet cinnamon smell flooded my kitchen, and out came the blondies. Slightly gooey on the inside, and crispier on the outside. They even had a slight gingerbread flavor to them! I think if I bake them again, I might add a bit more sugar and cut back a bit on the beans. Otherwise, pretty good!

So, THANK YOU KATIE! For this lovely vegan dessert! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Comments (6) »

• chocolate-katie says:

Awwww! Your post made me smile so much! I am so excited to feature you :) .
    Happy Wednesday, pretty lady!

• Healthnuttxo says:

glad to make ya smile! I edited to add to the post that I might add a bit more sugar to mine next time…but only cause I have a sweet tooth! ;)

• Anna says:

I tried these too, the chocolate chip version! But yours look better than mine – my food processor died halfway through, haha (it was very old!). I’ll bear your suggestions in mind though if I try again!

• Healthnuttxo says:

haha oh no! I used a blender, but I have BEEN THERE! Once I attempted to make black bean brownies without a blender- they came out horrible! there were lumps of beans in the cooked product! haha. oh well.

• Courtney says:

How are these vegan if they are baked?

• Healthnuttxo says:

hmm. are you confusing vegan with raw? I may be wrong, but I believe if something is vegan, it just doesnt contain ANY animal products, but I think it can be baked!! :)